I am just bursting at the seams with things I simply MUST talk about this week … specifically some really cool stuff I want to tell YOU! Stuff that I know you’re going to WANT to know as well! About how much money you helped raised for the floods, about the launch of my new blog, about what I’ve been up to since quitting my PT business, and about what that means for you …. about my upcoming LEAN LIVING events in my faaaaaaabulous new Melbourne location, and even about how to find your ‘word’ (Trust me, you do want to find your word).
Anyway – don’t worry, I’ll try and tone down the overly excitable writing style as I go along … just allow me the occasional extra exclamation mark, please ’cause this is really great stuff. I’m going to try and keep it short, so I’ll go for a bullet-point-y approach.
The Flood Appeal
As you know, Mark Ottobre and I recorded some simply brilliant audio interviews on female fat loss and on male/female body transformations. We flogged them off for $13.50 for the pair, with ALL proceeds going to the flood appeal. We are proud to say that thanks to you guys, and with the very generous support of Charles Poliquin, we have now raised a total of $585. That’s not bad when the audios were such great value! We couldn’t done it without you, we appreciate your support, and we’re so excited to be able to donate this money to the flood appeal (I’ll publish a pic of the actual donation next week). You can still grab the audios at the above link if you missed them.
Woman Incredible: Launch Date!
I thought I’d be launching my new blog in late January, but, well, you know how it is. There’s a lot of fiddly stuff to be done when it comes to launching any sort of online enterprise, and the launch post I’ve prepared ended up taking me simply HOURS. But given as how you’ll be hearing from over 25 simply incredible women in that post – and learning their top transformation tip – I think you’ll agree it’s worth waiting for.
So let’s make it official: Woman Incredible will launch next week, on Thursday March the 3rd. If you haven’t already heard me talk about Woman Incredible, then just know this: it is the accumulation of everything I think, believe, and have found to be true when it comes to creating the body and life of your dreams. It’s me, sharing my passion(s) with driven women who simply demand more from life. Empowering driven women is what I’m passionate about.
If that’s you, then mark the date and stay tuned – the first 100 email subscribers to sign up on launch day will receive a most excellent goodie pack from my incredible women. Comprising a free month online PT, free e-books, free yoga, a ‘Breakthrough Abs’ report from one of the female trainers I most respect, a ‘styling you’ virtual membership, a free diet assessment and fundamentals consultation … pretty cool, hey?!
PLUS! Every single email subscriber will receive a copy of my new e-book “How to be That Girl“; absolutely free. A few early adopters have already got hold of this, and one girl emailed me to tell me that it had changed her life – that she’d been searching for her goal or passion for 2 years and this book made it clear to her. “How to be That Girl” is the most from the heart thing I’ve ever written, and I know it’s going to help you find clarity, determination, and yes even passion.
Things I’ve Learned Of Late
I had such a great response from the last things I’ve learned of late post, that I think it might have to feature regularly. Here’s a shortlist of my most recent learnings:
- The truth is that I am still nowhere near ‘ready’ to launch Woman Incredible, but I am fast realising that a task does in fact expand to fill the time you allow it, and so I’m going to put a cap on how much time I’m allowing. What are you letting yourself drag on with?
- I might hate working out at home, but it’s simply not true that I can’t do just as good a session as in the gym. (Psst: this means you too). In the past week I’ve added three 20-40 minute at-home workouts (dumbell arms session, yoga in the Sunday morning sun, Kettlebell swings), and it’s made a NOTICEABLE difference to my body fat. What have you been making excuses on lately that if you’re honest about, could actually be hindering you from reaching your goals?
- You would think that by stepping down from my Personal Training business of 11 years (so that I can truly pursue my above-mentioned passion), I would have some time to catch up on sleep, socialising, daydreaming, life ….. this is not so. If anything I’ve been even more frantically busy than usual. This is certainly in part because the office I had sub-leased for nutrition coaching was closed down the day after I started; leaving me quite literally wandering around the city like a nomad with my laptop and my supplements. So that’s been interesting (I’ll keep you updated; exciting things ahead in that area), but that’s not the only reason. You see, I’ve had a revelation: busy people cannot just ‘not’ be busy. This is not a good thing; not if you’re being busy but yet not productive. Or happy-slash-fulfilled. Hence the idea of setting deadlines and limits. Like only checking email once a day (not till later in the day). Or scheduling your creative time at the time of day when you know you ‘flow’ best. Or setting a definite date for something that might otherwise get dragged on forever! How could you apply this concept in your life?
- Going to bed a little hungry really does help you get leaner. I know this to be true (you don’t want to be digesting when you should be sleeping and producing growth hormone), but I struggle with it. I love eating right up until bedtime. Nothing ‘bad’, mind you. But still. Sigh. Worth it though.
- Talking about and thinking about and wanting to run more events is one thing, but it’s a bit slow-going when I just wait for those opportunities to fall into my lap. So far the Lean Living seminars I’ve run for some Melbourne-based businesses as well as some private groups have had feedback that’s nothing short of ego-blasting for me, but for some reason I’ve held off on re-launching the events privately. Well, not anymore! I’m excited to announce that I have 3 2 (one sold out!) upcoming Melbourne dates at my fabbo new Prahran location. Lean Living is about nutrition and fat loss for busy people, plus a whole lot more. You really can’t go wrong for the price, not to mention the bonuses and the chance to ask me your most pressing questions. Click here to learn more and sign up right away!
What’s Your Word?
Yesterday I attended Presentation Secrets with Dr Joanna Martin. In a word? Incredible. I’d never even heard of this lady before Friday, but when I got the email pitch I knew I had to do what it took to get there – even though it meant missing Monday morning playgroup and songtime, which I really do love.
It’s been a dream of mine for years to be a speaker. My business coach says I’m a communicator – I love to write, speak and teach and, well, communicate. At times I fancy that I’m pretty good at this stuff, which is why I know I need to make an effort to attend training days and surround myself with people who I’m inspired by.
So. This was quite simply (for me) the Best. Seminar. Ever.
It made me realise that (as one video testimonial said) that when it comes to speaking I’m ‘so far up myself I’m practically inside out’. I have a lot to learn, and I’m excited to do it. Plus, because I was one of the first to sign up for the intensive course, I scored a private mentoring session!
The moral of the story?
Aside from the fact that early adopters win out (remember that with the Woman Incredible launch!), the moral is that you sometimes need a push in order to find clarity and to find your passion. One of the activities we did was on finding your word; which is the reason you do what you do. Here are some words that people came up with:
My word is empowerment. It took me a while to come up with it, and I actually resisted it at first – because I think it sounds airy fairy a little bit. It’s normal to resist your word I think. What would you say your word is? Why do you do what you do?
It’s worth thinking about, wouldn’t you say? I hope that you’ve found all of this stuff worth thinking about; even a little bit. That was a lot of cool stuff to get through, so here’s a reminder of the take-away points:
- If you’re ready and excited to be part of the Woman Incredible community, and you want your free goodies, mark down Thursday March 3rd for the official launch
- Do you have a goal or a dream that you keep putting off? Set a date for it’s completion, announce it publicly, and then watch yourself make it happen!
- Snacking after dinner is not smart for many reasons, and especially not if you’re trying to lean down!
- Whatever else you might be doing in March/April be SURE to get along to a Lean Living seminar. I guarantee you’ll be blown away by the content, and the price plus the giveaways are sure to impress!