Oh yes it’s true. I admit it – I’m a ‘live to eat’ kind of gal rather than an ‘eat to live’ one. I’ve tried it and I am more than happy to admit that no I canNOT happily subsist on a lean protein and blanched greens sort of diet. There needs to be more. There needs to be fat. Some va-va-voom. And certainly, most definitely the occasional fried food.
Here are 7 of my absolute fave fried foods. And the best part? Do ’em right and they will actually help you to lean out!
7 fried foods to lean you out
1. Sweet potato chips. Homemade is easy peasy, so don’t go for the pre-cut ones which are also pre-cooked in nasty oils. Simply chop a sweet potato (peeled) into cubes or strips, toss in some olive oil with herbs and salt and pepper, and then pan-fry in coconut oil. Coconut oil is a medium-chain fatty acid known for it’s satiety-inducing goodness (and taste), and it is a fat-burning fat.
2. Fried eggs. Yummy yum yum. Eating the whole egg is a great way to increase essential fatty acids in your diet, and that helps you to get lean. I like to fry my eggs in organic butter, which is an excellent source of iodine. Iodine boosts your thyroid and that boosts your metabolism.
3. Haloumi cheese. Oh my goodness, could there be any better breaky addition or late-night snack than a few strips of this fantastic saganaki-style sheep’s cheese? Okay, a whole block; let’s be honest. Haloumi is great pan-fried in coconut oil as well; it only needs about 20-30 seconds each side. Serve with squeezed lemon and pink salt.
4. Buttered mushrooms with garlic, sage and salt. This post is starting to turn a little food porn-y! But how could it not when there are so many good things to fry. Garlic is a spice that is excellent for supporting your liver, so it’s a great addition to any pan-fried veg. Butter does the iodine thing again, and also contains butyric acid, which helps to burn brown fat. Burning more brown fat is a great way to lose fat. Delish!
5. Cruciferous vegies, chopped small, and cooked in non-refined coconut oil with chili, garlic, and ginger. Non-refined coconut oil tastes all coconut-y. This Thai style dish is an excellent side for any sort of grilled meat, and has detoxifying vegies, spices, and metabolism boosting chili. As well as the coconut oil of course!
6. Grilled octopus. Um, I think I could pretty much live on a diet of grilled octopus, haloumi, and the occasional glass of red. Maybe some dark chocolate? Not sure how that would go fried though, so we will leave it out for now! Slice up a tube of squid from your fishmonger, toss it in some olive oil and herbs first, then pan fry quickly in ghee or coconut oil. A great appetiser! Or meal! Or snack!
7. Pan-fried banana served with fried eggs and bacon. Okay, this one is kind of a sneaky addition as I wouldn’t be eating that regularly! BUT – it is one of my absolute must-have treat meals, and one that certainly still fits into the Woman Incredible Look Great Naked way of eating.
speaking of looking great naked …
Do you like that little segue there? I did 🙂
So, last night, I finished off 4 additional bonuses for my newly released Woman Incredible Look Great Naked Eating Plan. These came on the back of various questions and feedback I’d had over the past few weeks, as well as a few things I just was itching to share with you!
I have had literally tons of great emails from ladies on the plan (and a few men), and a lot of excellent questions about it on Facebook.
Here’s a small selection of those comments –
“I’m loving the plan, I incorporate a fresh veggie juice first thing in the morning & then an hour later eat my two boiled eggs, but apart from that I’m following it to the tee. I like measurements, so it’s useful to know ok this much yoghurt with this much nuts because it’s so easy to over eat. As well as the protein amounts it’s good to know, sometime you aren’t eating enough & that’s not good because that’s when I binge! I have given up alcohol so that’s one step closer to getting the body I want.” – Belinda Gonzalez, Project Administrator
Congrats again on the LGN Eating Plan! It’s a great overview. I already followed most of your “rules” but it’s good to read up on everything again and feel reassured that I’m doing things right. Can’t wait for the two extra bonuses I’ve heard you taking about …!!! – Lena Sauter
“I’m really enjoying eating to your plan and have found that I have significantly less sugar cravings and am able to manage those that I do have! Thanks for creating your plan! It’s straightforward and provides info accross an array of topics. And it’s so wonderful that i am able to contact you with such a quick reply”. – Rachael Kedey, new Mum
“Also got a copy of your new ‘Naked’ ebook too and am enjoying testing out some of the ideas. I’m even sharing them with my boyfriend to try and inspire him with new ideas about eating”. – Anna Kamasz
new bonuses to help you look great naked!
The (new) bonuses cover how to know exactly how much protein you need for your body, a sample week of my eating, rules on treat meals (like the pan-fried banana which I do add maple syrup to I might add!), and guidelines on the how, what and why of detoxing your body with an occasional vegan day.
These new bonuses simply add to the goodies you already get with the Woman Incredible Look Great Naked Eating Plan, covering everything from what to eat or not eat, to sample meal plans, recipes, shopping list, supplements and simply tons of tips on how to make healthy eating easy and effortless.
Trust me, you’ll not only look great naked following this plan but you’ll definitely feel it as well!
And remember –
Life is Now. Press Play.
PS: If you want to learn how to eat right, effortlessly, and never have to worry about food again then this is the plan for you. Don’t miss out.