I make no secret of the fact that I love my whey protein. For post workout nutrition, in the kitchen for some great recipes and it’s a great emergency snack or meal when you’re on the go and not sure when you’re going to eat next.
Here’s another 6 reasons why Whey Protein rocks!
1. My Woman Incredible Whey Protein is whey protein isolate. As you would know, there are many different types of protein powders on the market. I’ve chosen whey protein isolate as it is a more pure form of protein. This means, not only do you get more available protein per serving, but also lower levels of fat and lactose compared to a whey concentrate or hydrolized whey. Not only that, I’ve made sure my protein is sweetened with stevia rather than sugar, or worse artificial sweeteners!
2. Fast Digestibility – I’m a big advocate of having a protein shake straight after training. Reason being is whey protein is highly absorbable & more easily digestible by the body. By consuming protein within 30 minutes of a training session means you’re not only encouraging protein synthesis, you’re also slowing down cortisol production. Cortisol, the stress hormone, is actually catabolic in nature and inhibits muscle growth.
3. Boost Your Immune System – Whey protein is rich in the antioxidant glutathione, which is required for a healthy immune system. Glutathione helps to repair damaged cells as well as boost your immune system to ensure you’re healthy, full of energy and ready to take on the day!
4. Complete Protein – Protein is made up of amino acids, of which there are two types; essential and non-essential. Non-essential amino acids can be synthesized by the body, where as essential amino acids need to be nutritionally sourced, through foods and supplementation. Whey protein is a complete source of essential amino acids, including branch chain amino acids, which play an important role in repair and regeneration of the muscles and cells within the body.
5. Meeting Your Protein Goal – For optimal health and body composition, it’s recommended that you should be consuming 1.5-2 grams of pure protein per kilo of body weight. Incorporating a protein shake is an easy way to ensure that you are meeting your daily protein goal. One serving of Woman Incredible Whey Protein gives you 36 grams of pure protein.
6. Convenience – Being a busy and on the go kind of girl, it’s not always easy to carry around containers of food or to plan ahead and know that you have enough food with you for the whole day. I know i’ve been caught out, thinking I was going to get to my next destination (and meal), only to find myself stuck in traffic or something similar. Carrying around a protein shaker is a great way to make sure you’re never caught out!
I’m loving my Choc-Banana protein at the moment, what’s your favourite flavour?
And Remember –
Life is Now. Press Play.
P.S. For the next 48 hours I’m offering free shipping in the store. Why not head over and check out the amazing flavours available and grab yourself a tub of protein. Free shipping is only available until Saturday.