This one’s not for all of you. If you eat poorly, snack regularly on junk foods, and don’t even bother to exercise, then you really aren’t my target market for this article. But if you exercise regularly, eat ‘well’ and really try your best to stay in shape but just can’t get there, then this one’s for you.
5 Reasons Why You Can’t Shape Up Even Though You’re Doing ‘All The Right Things’
- You eat a low-fat diet
- You eat on the run
- You drink plenty of juice, cordial, or soda – including diet
- You use artificial sweeteners
- You eat plenty of grain and cereal based foods
Not convinced that these few things could be separating you from the lean body you’re supposed to have? Let me explain:
1. Low-fat diets are a scam. The more you deprive yourself of fat, the more your body will be determined to STORE FAT as a survival mechanism. Steer clear of low-fat products (which are typically high in sugar), and choose natural, preferably organic fats to sustain energy and build your metabolism. Organic meat, coconut oil, raw dairy, extra virgin olive oil, and avocados are some of my favourites.
2. Eating on the run is criminal behaviour if you’re trying to lose weight. It often means you eat more, you don’t chew properly (which affects digestion and can lead to weight gain and cravings), and your go-go-go attitude puts your body into a stress response which causes increased fat storage. Respect your body and your food, and prioritise that which is truly important – your health. If you don’t take time for health now, your body will inevitably cause a crash at some point in the future.
3. Don’t drink your way out of your Body Incredible. You’d be surprised just how much an innocent looking beverage can affect your ability to get into great shape. Avoid anything diet, anything sugar added, and even non-sugar added fruit juices, unless they are freshly squeezed, Even then, I wouldn’t drink them regularly if you’re serious about shaping up.
4. Studies have shown people who use artificially sweeteners, or consume foods with artificial sweeteners, gain weight FASTER than those who eat or drink foods with real sugar in them.
5. The grain industry has sold you a lie. Humans did not evolve eating an 80% carbohydrate, or grain-heavy diet. Latest estimates indicate that 65% of Australians and Americans are grain intolerant, and most don’t even realize it! There’s a good chance you could be grain intolerant, and it’s probably because you’ve eaten too much of the stuff over the years. I know grain-based foods are convenient, but that is truly all they have going for them. Make the effort to eat carbohydrates from vegetables and your body will thank you. What’s more important? Convenience – or your weight and your health?
Life is Now: Press Play
Isagenix Australia – Featured On ‘A Current Affair This Week’
Every week I receive exciting new testimonials from a client or referral about Isagenix. This week, rather than sharing one with you, I thought I’d share this link. It will take you to a story featured on ‘A Current Affair’ a couple of days ago. In it, the residents of one Queensland street detail how they have collectively lost over 100kg (220 pounds) using Isagenix. Pretty cool, huh?
Don’t forget to leave a comment by clicking on that option just below! I’d love to hear from you within this blog. If you haven’t yet subscribed to this feed, you can do so via email or RSS by clicking here. If you enjoyed this article please forward to your friends. Thank-you!